530-B Harkle Road, Suite 100, Santa Fe, NM, 87505 | (505) 629-0009
by High Desert Corporate Filings LLC

Certificate of Authority – New Mexico Corporation

Foreign Corporation in New Mexico

If you own a corporation headquartered in a state other than New Mexico and want to do business in New Mexico, you will need a Certificate of Authority to operate in New Mexico. You can obtain one by filing as a foreign corporation with the Corporations Division of the New Mexico Secretary of State. After you submit your forms, the State of New Mexico will return a filed certificate of authority to you. A New Mexico foreign corporation is not to be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in the State of New Mexico is considered to be a foreign corporation.

We only charge for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and file the Foreign New Mexico corporation Certificate of Authority form with the Corporations Division of the New Mexico Secretary of State. We will also find the forms needed from the home state of your incorporation to submit your paperwork.

If you want to do the filing yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in New Mexico and the foreign corporation form is in your client account immediately. As an added bonus, we’ve included some filing tips on how to make the filing with the state. You are required to have a registered agent in New Mexico anyway, so we try to make this a simple process for you, whether you want us to do the filing or you want to do the filing yourself.

How do I sign up?

You sign up for our registered agent service first. Next, you can look at the foreign corporation form in your account online and also at our filing tips. If you decide not to fill out and submit the documents yourself, you can click the “Add services” tab in your account, and add our filing services for $100 plus the state filing fees. Your account shows real time status of our work in progress. Once we are done with your foreign corporation registration in New Mexico, we always upload the filing in your online account, email it to you, and mail you the original filed documents.